Welcome to Havalah
Havalah, Liberia is incorporated as a nonprofit organization set up to provide innovative solutions and services across Liberia to otherwise underserved off-grid, offsite communities with focus on the most vulnerable.
Havalah aims to see increased incomes, revenues, and jobs by promoting scalable and sustainable tech solutions to leverage social and economic activities in communities, particularly among women and youth.
We strive to operate by the following guiding principles:
- Ethics – We hold ourselves to the highest standards of transparency, accountability and ethical behavior.
- Dignity – We preserve and enhance the dignity of the people we serve
- Optimism – We provide hope for those in need to have a better life.
- Service – We use a participatory approach to enhance the delivery of our services that are appropriate and relevant to those we serve.
- Self-sufficiency- We enhance the self-sufficiency of the people we serve and empower them to rebuild productive lives.
- Advocacy – We advocate for the human needs of the people we serve and inspire the world community to respond to their needs.
- Stewardship – We are stewards of the human and financial resources we have been given to ensure they serve those with great need.
Who we are
We use market-based, community-driven, enterprise solutions to empower, protect, and build resiliency. Our projects are innovative, environmentally conscious, and transformative, and we deliver our programming through strategic local and global partnerships to create a maximal, sustainable impact.
Because transformation is never a single-issue project our programming is set to address multi-dimensional issues and flexible to respond to people of diverse circumstances.
Havalah is committed to sound stewardship and uses given funds to deliver the most effective, sustainable solutions for alleviating poverty, suffering, and injustice. In order to use our resources in the most efficient manner possible, we may deem it necessary to redirect your contribution to the greatest need or our general purposes
What we do
Core areas of focus
We focus on streamlining technology, unlocking markets and accelerating the rate at which others can deploy digitally enabled services with ease of REUSE
Under the energy component, Havalah partners with development partners as well as the private sector to launch and implement various off-grid energy projects in delivering energy solutions using solar, wind, hydro, and biogas technologies.
& Climate change
Earth’s average temperature has risen approximately one degree Fahrenheit in the last 50 years. By the end of this century, it will be several degrees higher, according to the latest climate research.